Airport security is for your safety as well as the safety as others. Don’t start your trip with frustration or disappointment. Follow these simple tips to make your airport experience as positive as possible.
- You must have a valid passport for all travel outside of Canada
- Your passport must be in excellent condition
- Any additional travel documents and/or visas may also be required
- Your passport must be valid while at your destination
- Some destinations may require your passport to be valid for 3-6 months after your departure date from that country
- Names on tickets must be identical to the name on your passport
- Make sure all prescription drugs are in their original bottles
- If you are bringing a laptop or other portable electronic device, make sure the battery is charged. You will be asked to turn it on before being allowed to proceed through airport security
- Do not wrap gifts. You may be asked to open them
- Please do not lock your checked luggage
- Arrive early!
Check out the Government of Canada airport travel resource page for more information.